Bed Bug Control
Bed Bug Basics
Eliminate all clutter in the room. Throw it out, Isolate it for up to 6 months, or treat it with Nuvan strips. When in doubt throw it out.
Most bed bugs will be on or near the bed, but you must treat the entire room with residual insecticides to eliminate the infestation. Examples of these areas are night stands, dressers, base boards, door frames and decorative wall items.
Typically you will need a second and sometimes a third treatment of the room to completely eliminate the bed bugs. Our bed bug kits contain everything you need to eliminate an infestation. For peace of mind, Catchmaster BDS Detection System are available to verify that your treatment is successful.
Pro Tip: You can simplify the job of treating the mattress by installing mattress encasements and box spring encasements. Without encasements you will have to treat your mattress using a product such as Cimexa dust, Steri-Fab, or Bedlam Plus. With or without mattress encasements you will still need to treat the bed frame.
Starting at: $74.90
Starting at: $66.22
$320.00 As low as: $287.00
Out of stock
Click Here: Bed Bug Control Video in Spanish/Español
Bed Bug Inspection
- Remove items from the floor. Dismantle bed frames and remove drawers from desk and dressers.
- If you are not using bed bug certified mattress encasements, inspect mattress and box springs for any tears where the bed bugs may be hiding.
- Fill cracks around baseboards and moldings to further reduce hiding places for bed bugs .
- Infested garments need to be laundered in hot water (120°F minimum). If washing is not available, sometimes heating the garments or bed linen for several minutes in a clothes dryer may work.
Inspection Check List:
- Cracks and crevices in head and foot boards, attached side railings and supports
- Inspect mattresses top, sides and bottom. Check all buttons, seams and rips.
- Inspect electrical switch plates, pictures on walls, wall posters
- Inspect cracks in plaster or seams in wall paper.
- Inspect electrical appliances, radios, phones, televisions, ect.
- Inspect tack strips under wall-to-wall carpeting and behind baseboards
- BDS bed bug detection system will help monitor where the bed bugs would be hiding.