Fastrac Blox is a single feed, weather resistant and fast-acting acute rodent bait, containing Bromethalin. Fastrac Blox is used for controlling rodent populations in a quick and effective manner. Fastrac is a small, rough, all-weather baiting blox with many gnawing edges. Secondary poisoning ( e.g., a dog consuming the carcasses of rodents poisoned by Fastrac) does not readily occur with bromethalin.
There is no antidote with bromethalin; the mode of death is a neurotoxin. Keep all children, pets and non targeted animals away from Fastrac. The use of tamper-resistant bait stations is recommended.
Packaging: (4 lb) blocks with center hole
Rodent Baiting Tips
- Rodents will eat this bait heavily the first day or two after the treatment begins.
- Due to the stop-feed qualities of Fastrac, the placement quantities should be smaller than other single feeding baits.
- Inspect the bait placement sites. Replenish with Fastrac Blox when there are signs of a lot of feeding or continued signs of rodent activity.
- Due to its active ingredient, Bromethalin, consumption of this bait is less than other anticoagulant baits.
- Even though Fastrac is an acute bait, providing a lethal dose, continue to bait to make sure the whole rodent population has a chance to feed on the bait. Continue to bait with Fastrac until the feeding has ceased.
Replace contaminated or spoiled bait immediately. Using gloves, collect and properly dispose of all dead, exposed animals and leftover bait. Good rodent control practices need to be maintained. These include reducing any harborage areas, as well as limiting sources of rodent food and water as much as possible. If there is a permanent source of rodent activity, use permanent tamper-resistant bait stations filled with Fastrac.
When does Death occur with Fastrac ?
Norway rats, Roof rats and House mice usually consume a lethal dose in a single night's feeding, but it may take two or more days from the time of bait consumption for these rodents to die.
How long is the shelf life?
If kept away from extreme temperatures(especially high heat), unopened and sealed, Fastrac Blox should last about 2 years. If opened, it should last about a year.
Fastrac Blox is an excellent choice for mice, with good acceptance of the bait . Fastrac is also labeled for rats, but we are not seeing the same acceptance as we do with mice.
Another bait, "Take Down Soft Bait" , has the same active ingredient at Fastrac, but seems more appealing to the Norway and Roof rats. Another bait that is highly appealing to rats is Contrac Blox (different active ingredient). Make sure you always use tamper-resistant rodent stations.
Fastrac Blox is a very popular for our California customers who can't purchase certain single feed rodenticides (like Contrac Blox). However, It may be helpful to pre-bait with Detex Blox Bait, since rodents sometimes shy away from the bromethalin in Fastrac Blox. I realize this increases cost but it will work better.
The TakeDown- Detex Blox Bait Kit will start them feeding on the Detex, then switch the bait to Fastrac Blox, once feeding as started.
Also, Make sure you use tier 1 type bait stations, such as Protecta Evo Ambush Bait Station. This product can really do damage and possibly kill your pets or non-targeted animals.
Other Fastrac Forms