Fastrac Blox is a single feed, weather resistant and fast-acting acute rodent bait, containing Bromethalin. Fastrac Blox is used for controlling rodent populations in a quick and effective manner. Fastrac is a small, rough, all-weather baiting blox with many gnawing edges. Secondary poisoning ( e.g., a dog consuming the carcasses of rodents poisoned by Fastrac) does not readily occur with bromethalin.
There is no antidote with bromethalin; the mode of death is a neurotoxin. Keep all children, pets and non targeted animals away from Fastrac. The use of tamper-resistant bait stations is recommended.
Packaging: (4 lb) blocks with center hole
Rodent Baiting Tips
- Rodents will eat this bait heavily the first day or two after the treatment begins.
- Due to the stop-feed qualities of Fastrac, the placement quantities should be smaller than other single feeding baits.
- Inspect the bait placement sites. Replenish with Fastrac Blox when there are signs of a lot of feeding or continued signs of rodent activity.
- Due to its active ingredient, Bromethalin, consumption of this bait is less than other anticoagulant baits.
- Even though Fastrac is an acute bait, providing a lethal dose, continue to bait to make sure the whole rodent population has a chance to feed on the bait. Continue to bait with Fastrac until the feeding has ceased.
Replace contaminated or spoiled bait immediately. Using gloves, collect and properly dispose of all dead, exposed animals and leftover bait. Good rodent control practices need to be maintained. These include reducing any harborage areas, as well as limiting sources of rodent food and water as much as possible. If there is a permanent source of rodent activity, use permanent tamper-resistant bait stations filled with Fastrac.
When does Death occur with Fastrac ?
Norway rats, Roof rats and House mice usually consume a lethal dose in a single night's feeding, but it may take two or more days from the time of bait consumption for these rodents to die.
How long is the shelf life?
If kept away from extreme temperatures(especially high heat), unopened and sealed, Fastrac Blox should last about 2 years. If opened, it should last about a year.
Other Fastrac Forms