Bifen IT - Bifenthrin 7.9%
Bifen IT with Bifenthrin 7.9% is a flowable multi-insecticide. Bifen IT has a long residual control with a product label of over 75 insects. This broad label on Bifen IT includes turf and ornamental applications, food handling applications, indoor and outdoor applications and termite treatments. Bifen IT is a synthetic pyrethroid and a low odor chemical.
Talstar P and Bifen IT have the exact same label, but Bifen IT is more economical.
Bifen IT - Various Applications & Popular Choice
Bifen IT is a top rated insecticide for killing Mosquitoes, Fleas, and Ticks. It is also a successful insecticide for killing White Files on ornamental plants. As a synthetic pyrethroid, Bifen IT is a low odor chemical and may be used inside or outside. It is mostly used outside around the perimeter and in yards for insects such as fleas and ticks, however, has over it has a broad label of target insects.
Bifen IT is a product that does not break down easily with rain once it bonds to the surface. Bifen IT is a clear substance, and leaves no stain on painted surfaces.
- Mosquito and Tick Control
Bifen IT is a popular choice for mosquito and tick control. Spray the lawns and vegetation with Bifen IT for mosquito and tick control. Mix 1/2 - 2 ounces per gallon; use 1-3 gallons per 1,000 square feet. The amount depends on the density of vegetation. Since Mosquitoes and Ticks like to habitat in dense foliage and shrubs, don't forget to spray the vegetation as well as the lawn. Repeat this application monthly.
- Mole Cricket Control
The nymphs of mole crickets cause damage in your grass during the summer months. The mole cricket nymph looks like an adult but is wingless. The nymphs are easier to kill than the adults. Begin treatment with Bifen IT or Bifen LP of the infested area towards the end of April or beginning of May in the Southern coastal states. Use Bifen towards the end of May for the Carolina coastal areas. Timing is important for mole crickets since the immature stages of the Mole Crickets do the most damage.
- Bifen IT is a product that does not break down easily with rain once it bonds to the surface.
- Bifen IT is a clear substance and leaves no stain on painted surfaces.
- Bifenthrin 7.9%
- Bifen IT is a multi-insecticide that is water based and contains no alpha cyano group.
- 75 different pests such as spiders, mosquitoes, cockroaches, ticks, fleas, pillbugs, chinch bugs, earwigs, millipedes and termites
- You can apply Bifen IT to a large perimeter area.
- There is no problem of compatibility with other products such as herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and fertilizers.
Other Bifen Products
- Bifen LP is a perfect choice for outside flea control since it lasts longer than the Bifen IT. One 25 lb bag of Bifen LP covers 5,000 - 10,0000 square feet. Use 25 lbs over 5,000 square feet for current flea infestations; use less for ongoing maintenance or prevention. One drawback of insecticide granules, is that it doesn't work as quickly as the Bifen IT. Some people will use Bifen IT monthly outside to treat not only the fleas, but mosquitoes and ticks, as well.
- Bifen XTS- Contains 25.1% bifenthrin